On behalf of the children, staff and governors of Inglehurst Infant school, I would like to welcome you to our website.
Inglehurst Infant School is a happy, nurturing environment where children from the age of three to seven work and play in well equipped and stimulating rooms and outdoor spaces.
Our school is set in a mainly residential urban area. It has areas for outdoor learning and playtimes, a lawned garden and small spinney. Most of our children spend four years in the school. They join the school as three year olds in the Nursery (15 or 30 hours). Parents then apply for them to join full time Reception for the following year. The children then move into Key Stage One for Year One then Year Two. The majority of our parents then apply for a place at Inglehurst Junior School. Staff from both schools work in close partnership to ensure a smooth transition as the children progress into Year Three.
We are proud to have an enthusiastic team of well trained and dedicated staff who strive to ensure that all children achieve their very best academically, creatively, physically and socially.
We value our links with families and we appreciate that a child's education is greatly enhanced where there are close partnerships between parents/carers and the school.
I am always happy to speak to parents and will resume tours of the school as soon as it is safe to do so. Just ring the school office to make an appointment.
Inglehurst Infant School will enable children to make the most of their learning opportunities now and in the future.
1. Have high self-esteem - respecting themselves, others and the environment
2. Achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
3. Behave appropriately
4. Be able to work independently and collaboratively
5. Communicate effectively
6. Challenge themselves to do well
7. Respect and value different groups within the school and within a diverse society
The school will provide
1. A broad and challenging curriculum
2. An enriching program of extracurricular activities and visits
3. A stimulating learning environment
4. A rich, varied and up to date range of learning resources
5. Innovative teaching and an investigative approach to learning
6. An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed, which recognizes effort and achievement
7. Commitment to working as a learning community by striving for continuous improvement in all that we do
8. Good value through efficient management
9. A welcoming, caring and safe environment in which each person feels valued and respected.