Welcome to our website,
Inglehurst Infant School is a happy busy place where children from the age of three to seven work and play in well equipped and stimulating rooms and outdoor spaces.
Our school is set in a mainly residential urban area. It has areas for outdoor learning and playtimes, a lawned garden and small spinney. It is situated adjacent to Inglehurst Junior School.
We have a team of dedicated staff who work to ensure that all children achieve the best that they can academically, creatively, physically and socially.
We believe that a child’s education is greatly enhanced by a close partnership between parents/carers and the school.
Most of our children spend four years in the school. They join the school as three year olds in the Nursery (15 or 30 hours). Parents then apply for them to move into the full time Reception for the following year. The children then move into Key Stage One for Year One then Year Two.
There is an induction period for children, their families and staff to get to know each other at the start of Nursery and Reception.
We have parents/carers evenings twice each year but parents/carers are encouraged to talk to the staff about any concerns at other times. All classes have ten minutes each morning when parents/carers can settle their children into the classroom and when they can talk to staff.
I am always happy to show parents round the school, just ring the school office to make an appointment.
Inglehurst Infant School will enable children to make the most of their learning opportunities now and in the future.
1. Have high self-esteem - respecting themselves, others and the environment
2. Achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
3. Behave appropriately
4. Be able to work independently and collaboratively
5. Communicate effectively
6. Challenge themselves to do well
7. Respect and value different groups within the school and within a diverse society
The school will provide
1. A broad and challenging curriculum
2. An enriching program of extracurricular activities and visits
3. A stimulating learning environment
4. A rich, varied and up to date range of learning resources
5. Innovative teaching and an investigative approach to learning
6. An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed, which recognizes effort and achievement
7. Commitment to working as a learning community by striving for continuous improvement in all that we do
8. Good value through efficient management
9. A welcoming, caring and safe environment in which each person feels valued and respected.